We’re looking to add current freshmen, sophomores, and juniors to our board for this year! You don’t have to be absolutely sure that you want to attend law school or become a lawyer to be an Board member. We are looking for energetic, dedicated people with strong organization and communication skills.
Link to application here. The deadline is Sunday, November 13th, 2011. If you have any questions, email Emanuel (elm1).
You can email your application to WilliamsCollegeLawSociety@gmail.com, give it to us at our November 8th meeting, or drop it off at Mark Hopkins A22 or S.U. Box 2946.
The following positions are open this year:
- Vice President: responsible for planning and organizing events, creating an event calendar for the year, and assisting the President.
- Secretary: responsible for maintaining all records of the Society, handling paperwork and registration issues, recruitment, and keeping the membership updated via listserv.
- Treasurer: responsible for all funding and finance issues, as well as creating a yearly budget.
- Public Relations Director: responsible for all of the Law Society’s publicity including creating and posting flyers, and updating the website and facebook page.
- Mock Trial and Moot Court Coordinators: responsible for managing the teams, selecting captains and team members, registering for tournaments, and making the necessary preparations, recruitment, etc.
- Editor-in-Chief: responsible for managing the law journal, selecting an editorial staff, and reviewing submissions.
For a more detailed version of officer responsibilities, check our Constitution.