The Williams College Law Society works with the Pre-Law Advisor Michelle Shaw, the Career Center, and numerous LSAT prep companies to help students study and prepare for the LSAT exam. The Professional Development committee is in charge of organizing the LSAT Prep program and coordinating resources for Society members.
Various LSAT prep activities on campus include the following
- Kaplan LSAT Preview Class
- Kaplan LSAT Practice Test
- Velocity LSAT Q&A session
- TestMasters LSAT Seminar
- Law Society LSAT study sessions/Practice tests
- Career Center Practice tests
- Career Center LSAT events
The Society also buys test prep publications in bulk from Outside LSAT, which you can purchase from Society at a discount.
LSAT prep Benefits for Active Law Society members include
- 10% discount on any Kaplan LSAT test prep courses (plus discounts from any ongoing sales)
- $100 discount on any live TestMasters LSAT test prep course
- $50 discount on any online TestMasters LSAT test prep course
- 50% discount on any Outside LSAT test prep publications
- $100 discount on any Outside LSAT test prep courses
- 10% discount on any 7Sage LSAT test prep courses
- 10% discount on any Velocity LSAT test prep courses
You can find LSAT Prep resources on this page.
Below is information regarding the various prep companies that we work with.
Active Law Society members will receive a 10% discount on any test prep courses, which can also be used in combination with any Kaplan sales that are bigger than 10% to save more money. The only way to take advantage of these discounts is to enroll through Kaplan representative Sandra McIntyre directly (Sandra.McIntyre@Kaplan.com or 518-366-4110). She will confirm that you are an active member of the Society. If non-members want to take advantage of a sale, you can call 1-800 KAP-TEST or enroll through kaptest.com.
LSAT prep options
*There are no discounts for Kaplan’s LSAT prep books.
*Kaplan also offers tuition assistance for its courses. For more info, please click here http://help.kaptest.com/articles/Title_and_Text/Tuition-Assistance-Program-public
Active Law Society members will receive a $100 discount on live LSAT courses and $50 discount on online LSAT courses. Please see the Law Society Secretary to access the discounts.
*In addition, when you use the Law Society discount code to purchase a TestMasters prep course, TestMasters gives a donation to help support the Law Society.
*Outside LSAT CEO Thomas Hall is a Williams College alum from the Class of ’06 and an avid supporter of the Williams College Law Society.
There is a 50% discount on publications for Law Society members
- $20 per copy for LSAT Clarity (a strategy guide that covers each section, with included practice).
- $15 for Advanced LSAT Practice (difficult practice questions organized by type, particularly good for higher scoring students).
Both books are on amazon with detailed descriptions. However the discount only applies when ordering through the Law Society. Please see the Law Society Secretary to order a book with the discount.
There is a $100 discount on the full LSAT course for Law Society students. Details on the course can be found at www.outsidelsat.com. Please see the Law Society Secretary for the code to save $100 on the course.
Active Law Society members will receive a 10% discount on all 7Sage courses. Please see the Law Society Secretary to access the 10% discount or to learn how to qualify for one of the Society’s free LSAT Complete courses from 7Sage LSAT.
7 Sage also has a webpage devoted to free LSAT prep tools. http://7sage.com/free-lsat-prep-tools/
Active Law Society members will receive a 10% discount on all Velocity Test prep courses. Please see the Law Society Secretary to access the 10% discount, or to learn how to qualify for the Society’s free LSAT course from Velocity.
*In addition, when you use the Law Society discount code to purchase a Velocity Test prep course, Velocity gives a donation to help support the Law Society.